Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Its sponsorship time!

My father has had some health issues so I'm a bit behind for race day preparation. Good thing I started early so maybe that makes me right on schedule.

As Sept 13th approaches I'm faced with gathering more sponsorship to fill out the prize list. After covering the costs of promoting...permit, Porta-Johns, Officials, Series Fees, course markers...etc. the entry fees only allow so much for prizes.

Unfortunately, negotiations with a large title sponsor were fruitless so I've begun beating the bushes with my unique style of "Fame, shame and Pyramid Scheme".

My goal is $10,000 to fully support the race and attempt to break even or turn a profit for my efforts, while keeping the entry fees low and the prizes equitable. I guarantee that the podium finishers in each category will gain back at least their entry fee and that the Pro/Semi-pros will get cash to further their racing career.

FAME: Here's how it works....the scramble is on. Its like a game of tag....you're IT!!! I ask everyone I meet if they can donate $2 towards the race. In return, they receive RECOGNITION on this website/blog.

SHAME: For $5 you or your business can be listed as ANONYMOUS. That's right. I'm naming names. $2 or more, you are on the good list. $5 and you don't have to be embarrassed that you only gave $2 to a great cause while poor old Mrs. Jones donated her entire estate. Why ANONYMOUS? Because if you won't support $2 then you end up on the sponsorship BLACK LIST! I'll try to be fair, but I'm still naming names...good, bad or ugly!

PYRAMID SCHEME: I'm only one man that IS making a difference. Imagine what we can accomplish if you and your friends, and their friends contribute. If you are a racer and you can get $2 from a business or friend, then it goes towards the prize list. YOU (and everyone you know) CAN make a difference. Donations can be sent directly through www.BikeReg.com at the bottom of the registration page, PayPal to: air9r@aol.com or mailed to: Domnarski Farm, 77 Bacon Road, Ware MA 01082.

REMEMBER: Contributions are generally considered a tax write-off for advertising purposes and can be in the form of CASH, GIFT CERTIFICATE, MERCHANDISE or TIME. All have value and I'll be listing the retail on this blog. There will be a BIG table with all of the merchandise for the top finishers. Congrats Ms./Mr. Champion...you get first pick!

There are many reasons to support the sport of mountain bicycling....just the fact that I spent the entire Spring and Summer cleaning up all the litter in the woods on public and private land, dragging out refrigerators and washers with my jeep is just one great reason. Its beautiful out there in Nature and mountain bikers protect that for everyone to enjoy!

TAG...YOU ARE IT!

No comments: